"It is my job to make sure that you grow up to be a productive member of society and not a burden to it!" ~ my dad.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Super Savings Saturday

It's Super Savings Saturday over at MoneySavingMom.com, please go check it out. You won't believe some of the awesome deals those mommy-bloggers get!

I did go grocery shopping but didn't save a whole lot as I am just now trying to get back into the coupon thing since the move. And as much as I wanted to take advantage of Walgreens full rebate on the Head Wipes for Bald Guys, I'm afraid I had to pass.

I'm mean really, Walgreens, is that the best rebate offer you could come up with this Christmas season?

However, I have had a great deal of fun checking out the nearby Goodwill. After getting several pairs of mittens and winter hats for the kids at only .99 cents each, I scored big-time for me when I found this lovely hanging on the rack:

That is a like-new, not-a-mark-on-it, beautifully-made J.G. Hook trench coat. I had no idea who J.G. Hook was until I came home and my MIL told me she gets his catalogs. I got online and checked out a couple of websites and, to my delight, discovered that J.G. Hook trench coats range anywhere from $80 - $120. How much did I pay for my Goodwill find?

Hang on to your hats, people....I paid a whopping .99 cents!!!

You can rub your eyes 'til the sun sets but you did read that right. It was Yellow Tag week meaning all items with yellow tags were .99 cents and this was the only coat with a yellow tag on it!

Nice! Sweet! Dandy!

I hope you all have found some great deals this week as well. I'd love to hear about them, especially your thrift store or garage sale finds! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome Goodwill deal! I just love buying things for .99!! In fact the shirt I am wearing today was .99...not as awesome as your beautiful (expensive) coat though!