"It is my job to make sure that you grow up to be a productive member of society and not a burden to it!" ~ my dad.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's A New Year.

2009 is off and running with a great start! I have decided not to make any New Year's Resolutions but that doesn't mean I'm not focusing on positive changes in my life. First and foremost making a more concerted effort to be the person God created me to be. She's in me somewhere I know it. Afterall, God created her and though I may be able to squish her down and smother her, I cannot banish her entirely. Whatever I or life's circumstances attempt to break down, God can always build back up!

Some specific areas in my life and in myself I'll be working on this year:

  • my relationship with God (we just don't seem to talk enough. That maybe my fault)
  • my health (that is to say improving it)
  • my finances (more like my attitude towards my finances)
  • my home skills (I hereby acknowledge I am domestically challenged)
  • my relationships with others (this is wide ranging)

I'm sure I'll come up with more as the year goes on. I hope you stay with me. Heck, I hope you join me. A journey travelled with others makes for better time and better memories.

Also, I'm working on a new and improved blog as well. As most bloggers, I am constantly coming up with ideas for my blog. I, however, don't always seem to make it a point to implement them or make them stick.

Sometimes, I just plain forget 'em.

I'm very excited about a few new things I'll be adding on (as in, additional pages). Please check back. I have a lot of work yet to do to get things up and running but it shouldn't be long.

I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and though Santa may not have brought you everything you wanted, I pray the Lord will provide for you this year everything you need.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats my friend on your award. come to my site to see
katrina

Unknown said...

Amen sister and good luck!